Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday 8 December 2011

Options...


For me, there was no option. I didn’t want it any more. I LOVED my boobs. Honestly loved them. Give me a glass of wine and I would tell anyone (mostly inappropriately) how much I loved them. Once, on a date at Twickenham, I told my then boyfriend’s best friend how much I loved them and how brilliant they were (then boyfriend was at the bar and best friend was quite the hottie. Then boyfriend didn’t last very much longer.). I regularly had arguments with a very good friend of mine about who had the better rack. Turns out it was her.

So, immediately, I decided on a left breast mastectomy. The Judas Boob had cheated on me and I didn’t want it any more. I vaguely remember options being offered (i.e. a wide local excision / lumpectomy), but both myself and my consultant agreed that the mastectomy was the way forward. I don’t ever want to look back and think I haven’t done everything I could to banish this, and a lumpectomy frankly didn’t cut it.

“I can operate on Thursday if that suits you?”
“Fine”
“Do you want 24 hours to think about it?”
“Nope.”

No comments:

Post a Comment